Now Accepting Student Applications for the Gary Jenkins Memorial Scholarship - Deadline January 3, 2018
Posted on: Wednesday, December 6, 2017
The Kentucky Association of Nurse Anesthetists is now accepting applications for the Gary Jenkins Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship was established by KyANA in honor of the late Gary Jenkins to provide an opportunity for five students to attend the annual AANA Mid-Year Assembly. Each student selected will be awarded up to $1,400 to attend the meeting. The 2018 AANA Mid-Year Assembly is April 21 – 25 in Washington, DC and is designed for attendees to develop professional advocacy skills and healthcare policy understanding that promotes leadership at the national level and in professional practice. Application details are below.
- Applicants must provide a short essay (minimum of 3 paragraphs) outlining the benefit of attending the 2018 AANA Mid-Year Assembly.
- Applications are accepted from any anesthesia students with Kentucky residency.
- Applications are also accepted from students with previous Kentucky residency with clinical sites within Kentucky with original Kentucky nursing license issuance before attending anesthesia program.
- Awards are a maximum of $1,400.
- The KyANA Board of Directors will have final determination of award winners.
Please submit the online application form by January 3, 2018 for consideration. For any questions, contact us at email@example.com.